NIMFEUM – Mercedes Nieto Oriental Dance Studio
Starting 16 of March, we continue all of our classes according to our known timetable in the form of live online education.
- We create a closed Facebook group for each of our groups, and we communicate there, you can log in to the lessons there, and we share the link of the current class connection there before each class so you can join.
- How to get into the closed group? If you have a valid class card, you will be added automatically. If you don’t, you can buy one – send us an application to the firstname.lastname@example.org address or directly to the teachers, then complete the payment as per below, and you will be added to the group.
- The live classes run through the ZOOM application. If you want to connect, you need a device (laptop, mobile, tablet) to install ZOOM. Just a few clicks: https://zoom.us/support/download
- Zoom.com or search for the app in the Google Play or Apple Store app list.
ZOOM allows us to see each other during the classes, communicate, and you can watch the recordings afterwards. If you prefer joining without camera, that is also fine of course.
- Those who want to take part in more than one group will be added to more FB groups. Of course, it is possible to join to any group as a new participant; you can be part of several groups at the same time.
Which belly dance class to choose?
Our training levels:
In Nimfeum we give opportunity from beginner to professional dancers to learn, improve and gain a knowledge according to the international trends.
dancing less than 2 years
dancing for 2 years
dancing for 3 years
Professional (haladó/profi tréning)
dancing at least for four years
*The levels are understood according to our own training system.
If you are not sure about your level, which class will fit for you, don’t hesitate to ask our teachers or write us to email@example.com
(for Online Classes)
The duration of any class is 60 minutes, the Nymph Training with Mercedes is 75 minutes. To join our classes please write us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
(for any classes except the Nymph Training)
valid for 4 weeks
valid for 5 weeks
Nymph Training with Mercedes
– for belly dance wear, a comfortable long pants or skirt, top, t-shirt or dress are recommended (for belly dance lessons it is advisable to leave the abdomen open), socks or practicing ballet slippers, and a scarf or scarf on the hips
– In the studio are available music, exercise clothes and costumes, as well as DVDs to practice and perform belly dance – Now you can order it from us.
– You can take Video Curses at your home. More information: https://nietomercedes.com/en/video-courses/
– We offer private classes, online coaching, choreography feedback and artistic guidance. More infomation here: https://nietomercedes.com/en/raqsoul-with-mercedes-nieto/
– You can use your existing passes and to compensate for the difference between old and new prices, we add one gift class to your current pass. (The old 4 class passes are now worth 5 classes, the 8 classes passes are worth 9 classes – we’ll automatically register this for you). If your old pass expires, you can purchase your next discounted online pass. It will continue like this until we can restart personal education. Then you can also use the remaining classes.
– You must register for the class at least one hour before the class ? if you?re new, with registration mail to our addresses or directly at the teacher, and if you?re already a member, than just by commenting on the Facebook post of the teacher in the closed group. Registration is done as usual by the teacher, we run your virtual pass registration, and the validity period is the same as before.
As a child -at the age of 10- I was captivated by oriental dance. From 12 years of dancing I have been a student of Nieto Mercedes for 10 years and have been one of the soloists of the Nimfa Oriental Society since its foundation.
Dance and the company have given me countless opportunities: performances around the world, sincere friendships, hard teamwork and acceptance. Dancing is happiness and self-realization for me – and my goal is for each dancer to recharge in my classes and experience those feelings. Yalla!
Szandi’classes at NIMFEUM:
I have been doing belly dance for fourteen years and started teaching nine years ago. My master teacher is Mercedes Nieto, I learned almost everything about dance from her. In addition to Mercedes, I also had the opportunity to learn from Egyptian and other masters in Egypt, Hungary, Sweden and Spain. (Raqia Hassan, Tito, Lubna Emam, Osama Emam, Khazafy, Mahmoud Reda, Hadia, Farida Fahmy, Camelia, Ahmed Refaat, Youssry Sharif, Ghaby Shiba, Nour, Leyla, Ahmed Fekry, Fras, Zeina, Magdy el Lesly, etc. ). In order to professionally perform belly dance I learned classical ballet from Béla Mihályi, modern dance from László Budai and jazz dance from Gábor Bakó, flamenco dance from Andrea Lippai.
Since its foundation, I have been a member of the Mercedes professional group, the Nimfa Oriental Society.
Nimfa Oriental Company led by Mercedes Nieto has won numerous domestic competitions (Raqs Sharki National, Nefertiti, etc.) We have performed in theatrical productions at Merlin and Downtown Theater: Southern Nights, Entrance, White. I danced with the band for several years and individually at two venues at the Sziget Festival.
We have performed at many hungarian and austrian events. In 2009 in Cairo we won first place in the Nile Group international competition and in 2010 in Stockholm we also won first place. We worked with the Khalifa band several times. We have been invited to perform at numerous festivals in the capital and the countryside, and have given shows in several surrounding countries, as well as in Madrid, Stockholm and Cairo.
Kriszti’s casses at NIMFEUM:
NEW! Beginner belly dance course:
My name is Anita Makács and since 2006 I have been doing Oriental dance. The diversity, depth, content, and femininity of the genre have caught me from the very first minute. I try to convey this complexity in my lessons as well. To make the most of the disciples, to establish the connection between music, their bodies and their hearts. I have been teaching at the Nimfeum since Fall 2014 and have been a member of the Nimfa Oriental Society since 2013. So far, I have had the opportunity to learn from several domestic and foreign masters.
My teachers who taught and inspired me over the years were: Nieto Mercedes (also my current teacher), Lubna Emam, Mohamed Kazafy, Mohamed Shahin, Tito Seif, Mahanned Hawaz, Sadie, Jillina, Elena Ramazanova, Katerina Shereen , Guan, Saida, Kati Brebán, Anikán Áncsán, Anett Kecskeméti, Diana Dahab, Dina Jamilah. Beyond the oriental dance, I worked for a short time on jazz, salsa, bachata. I would like to end my lines with one of my favorite quotes: “Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion!”
Anita’classes at NIMFEUM:
Pre-Intermediate / ReBeginner:
Open Nymph/professional class
Our student’s opinion
Batáry Szabina, Budapest (member of Nymph Oriental Dance Company)
She loves to teach, her femininity radiates from every move, so I like to learn from her. She can always show new things, she doesn’t leave mistakes, she is happy for our progress, and a passionate choreographer. Maximalist when it comes to acting and that’s okay. I don’t want to learn from anyone else? If there is no tight deadline, we learn to play and the lessons bring physical spiritual refreshment. I recharge and get rid of stress. Our group is a really small community of friends, almost family, and this is her merit. We can contact her with any problems.
She does not keep the typical distance between master and student, we are girlfriends. Even though I always rush and rarely participate in team building programs (big parties, cooking and eating together, theater, cinema?), I do not feel excluded. She’s a real little treasure.
Magyar Kriszti, Budapest
I just want to thank the camp once again. It was great and you gave us so much again that you can’t say it in words. It was fantastic and you gave so much for all of us.
You are a wonderful dancer, teacher, woman and pure Siva person. Always stay like this because the world needs you. Especially in this world today. Now I’m cheering and I’m really looking forward to the oracle starting.
Dear Mercedes. I have been thinking a lot about what you told us, about connecting a feeling to the music and the dance and know I understand my moves and dance so much better, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I really hope to see you soon, to go to your workshop. It was my pleasure to meet you, you are such a wonderful person with a big heart.
Danyi Piroska, Siófok
I would like to thank you for the wonderful experience you have given us during your days at the Lelle Belly Dance Camp, impregnated with your loving radiance, tenderness, feminine charm, and kindness. I’m very glad that I had the opportunity to live it all. I used to hear from older friends in the family that it was always the disciple who would find his Master, whether it be any activity that needed or could be learned. That is why I feel that when I was searching and searching, my choice was not by chance among the many possibilities.
In your case, the gift of God is not measured in years, you got it to life. Amazing what you do – it has a great impact on people – you are an honest pure man. I wish you every success in the future.
Liva, Riga – Latvia
I just came back from your workshop in Riga, Shaabi style:) I?m so amazed by you and your dance that i had a big desire to tell you this. As I am dancing only one year i have been to only few workshops,but you impressed me most of all,its even not possible to describe in words:) I feel so sunny after your workshop. Thank you for everything.